Canon scanner not working is a common error in windows 10 operating system, particularly in the newest windows 10 OS. If your canon scanner does not work in windows 10 operating system, you should not worry more. Numerous windows 10 users have experienced this issue. You can fix this error just by following given methods easily:-
Method 1:- Repair corrupted system files
This error may be caused by corrupted system files. To check and repair corrupted files, you must follow these instructions:-
- Hold down “windows logo” and Press “R” key at similar time to raise the run box.
- Need to type CMD and click on “OK” button.
- When command Prompt opens, you have to typesfc / scannowand press “enter” button.
This procedure will take few minutes up to the verification 100% complete. If you face any technical anxiety, you must call at toll free Canon Scanner Tech Support Number 1-800-834-1377for instant help.
Method 2:- Configure related services
If few related services are not begun, the canon scanner cannot work appropriately.
- Remote Procedure Call RPC
- DCOM Server Process Launcher
- RPC Endpoint Mapper
- Shell Hardware Detection
- Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
Steps explained here are for your reference how to check for the service status.
Keep hold of windows logo and press “R” button key. A Run dialog box will pop up.
Type services.msc in the run box and click “OK” option.
Discover shell hardware detection from name list. Make right click on it and choose properties from context menu.
If you see “Service status” is clogged, hence click on “Start” button and OK option. The service will begin again. If you have any difficulty, you should call Canon Printer Technical Support team immediately.
Method3:- Update driver for your canon scanner:-
If canon scanner driver is encountered by some technical errors, then your canon scanner cannot scan appropriately. Therefore updating the driver may solve the error. You need to visit the official website of scanner manufacturer to download the new windows 10 driver.
Driver easy will identify automatically your computer system and find the right drivers for it. It is not essential for you that what system your computer is running, you should not take risk for downloading and installing the wrong driver. You can update your scanner drivers automatically with either free or pro version of driver easy. But with Pro version, it takes only two clicks:-
- Need to Download and install Driver Easy.
- Next step is that you need to run Driver Easy and click “Scan” button now. Driver Easy will scan your computer system completely and identify any error drivers.
- Click the “Update” option next to a recognized scanner driver to download automatically and install the correct version of this driver. If still you are not able to solve this issue, you need to call at toll free Canon Scanner Technical Support Number 1-800-834-1377 for immediate assistance.